Welcome to My Portfolio.
Hello, my name is Paul Rodriguez. I'm a graphic designer striving to create a harmonious balance between form and function as it relates to design for the web. I design beautiful, engaging user experiences topped with intuitive user interfaces, stunning advertising graphics, and eye-catching pixel magic.
My specialty is front-end web design and product development, and also have experience with Social Media, Motion Graphics, Mobile Graphics, and Branding & Identity. I have worked for such companies as Spike.com, Primedia, Electronic Arts, sbe Partners, Hyfn, Skydive Perris, and Skydive Mexico. I was responsible for website design, web advertising, print advertising, mobile graphics, email campaigns, some UX/UI design, and website maintenance.
Freelance Graphic Designer @ Piro Designs
from 2009 to present day
- Designed and executed web sites, graphics, company branding, flash animation, email campaigns, and business cards per client specifications.
- Collaborated with other design firms to produce web sites and flash animations for their client's needs and specifications.
- Experience designing for Mobile and Social Media applications.
- UX/UI design experience.
Senior Graphic Designer @ SPIKE.com
from july 2007 to april 2009
Senior Graphic Designer - Product Development
- Designing graphic skins for high-end entertainment clients to be displayed on the SPIKE and GameTrailers websites.
- Developing and designing in house advertisements for use on the SPIKE and GameTrailers sites, as well as for external placement.
- Custom user interface design for the flash video player and wire framing for SPIKE.com
- Working directly with the Director of Product development to create sales decks for the SPIKE.com sales team.
- Work closely with design team to produce compelling graphics, widgets and marketing campaigns for all of SPIKE and GameTrailers advertising clients.
Senior Graphic Designer @ Primedia
from march 2006 to july 2007
Senior Graphic Designer
- Creation and development of email deployment campaigns to drive subscriptions, both online and offline, for over 50 of Primedia's automotive enthusiast publications.
- Development and maintenance of online subscription forms with dynamically interchangeable graphics, offer text, and billing options.
- Work with Marketing Director to develop downloadable digital premiums to drive online subscriptions. (Examples include calendars, screensavers, wallpapers, and digital magazines.)
Junior Graphic Designer @ Primedia
from october 2005 to march 2006
Junior Graphic Designer
- Designed all online banners and email creative as set forth by the marketing team for over 50 automotive enthusiast publications and branded websites.
- Promoted to Senior Graphic Designer in March 2006.
Boise State University
from 2001 to 2005